Thursday 3 February 2011

Tropical Fruits - good enough to eat!

crochet baby hats, how to crochet, crochet patterns, catherine wheel, harlequin stitch, hats,



Nature's Colours!

Nature provides us with amazing spectacular colours present in the beauty of fruits, vegetables and flowers. There is colour all around us, and I just love the variety and vibrancy of colours on show.

I love roaming around farmers' markets and admiring all the wonderful colours of fruits and vegetables - greens, oranges, reds, purples, yellows - and my favourite colours can be found amongst the amazing tropical fruits: mango; passionfruit; pawpaw (papaya); kiwi to name a few. All these vibrant coloured fruits and vegetables just for us to eat and enjoy. Yummy!

Fruity Inspiration!

While doing a bit of travelling around historical Kent, I came across some amazing vibrant yarn colours which made me think about tropical fruits and also inspired my design for the next crochet hat for your baby/toddler.

Probably the one thing I really miss, here in the UK, is the abundance of fresh tropical fruits which were available in my hometown of Byron Bay, Australia. I used to love just stepping out the back door and picking a papaya off the tree or a passionfruit off the vine!  So fresh and so delicious!

OK so I apologize I am getting a bit sidetracked, I will return to talking about crochet and vibrant yarn colours.

crochet baby hats, how to crochet, crochet patterns, catherine wheel, harlequin stitch, hats,

Yarn and Pattern Stitch!

The yarn is King Cole Bamboo Cotton DK and they have some amazing colours, beautifully deep, warm shades or pastels, you can check out the colour chart here

King Cole Bamboo Cotton DK is a naturally special 50/50 bamboo and cotton blend. It is soft and smooth on the skin and will create garments with an elegant, fluid drape. 

I found this bamboo cotton yarn is just perfect for crochet hats for baby, toddler, teen or adult, and with spring around the corner, I am convinced these colours are just begging to be displayed. 

Shrimp, Green and Violet, are the colours I used for my new hat design, which reminds me of tropical fruits.  Doesn't it look delicious?

crochet baby hats, how to crochet, crochet patterns, catherine wheel, harlequin stitch, hats,


Harlequin or Catherine Wheel?

The pattern stitch I used is Harlequin stitch, which is very similar to the Catherine Wheel stitch and I think it is just the perfect stitch for a multi-coloured project.

crochet baby hats, how to crochet, crochet patterns, catherine wheel, harlequin stitch, hats,



crochet baby hats, how to crochet, crochet patterns, catherine wheel, harlequin stitch, hats,

Crochet Hat TROPO is available from my online stores:


RAVELRY        CRAFTSY 

Enjoy!
ciao, ciao!

Barbara Summers Hand Knit and Crochet   www.crocknit.com
(C) Copyright - All rights reserved.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:




crochet patterns, hats, pixie hats, baby, mittens, scarf,

crochet patterns, blankets, baby, afghans,

crochet patterns, hats, beanies, mittens, scarf,

No comments: