Friday 15 March 2013

SPRING Baby Crochet Knits

Loads of crocheting happening lately... 
made these for someone special... 
a simple baby sacque for 12 month old and a hat to match... 
100% cotton 8ply from Bendigo Woollen Mills ... 
sometimes you can find the yarn for sale with retailers under the name of Heirloom Cotton 8ply 
Hook:  3.5mm

I designed the HAT to match the sacque...


the sacque pattern "Little Sunshine"
comes from 
LITTLE BOX OF CROCHET FOR BABY
by Denise Black and Sandy Scoville

The pattern is written for
Dreambaby DK (50% acrylic 50% nylon)
and was crochet in YELLOW
just one colour...
whereas I chose 
to do multi-colour
and in cotton

I am not sure if you can still buy the box set
or if it's available to purchase somewhere
maybe on Amazon
or you could try the publishers

N O W

to change the pace 
I have started a little KNIT project...
because
I need to stop having dreams of crochet 
for a while...
I am sure I don't get enough rest
during the night...


Again I am using Bendigo Woollen Mills cotton
however this time it's 4ply
AND 
a beautiful pale lilac
and knitting on 3mm needles
think it's working out OK...??


I am hoping to turn this sample 
into a baby singlet top?
Maybe......????
Oh well, it's giving me
a short break from crochet
so even if I never finish it
I don't mind...
c'est la vie


What are you crocheting?
or knitting?

Enjoy every moment,
focus on every stitch,
create a masterpiece....

ciao, ciao...




No comments: