Tuesday 6 November 2012

KEEPING WARM THIS WINTER


Are you sensitive to the cold? 
and need to wear a hat?

whilst others wander around without ANYTHING on their heads?
well join the club...
I too am one of those people, sensitive to the cold, and I ALWAYS need to wear a hat.
AND
If I don't, I suffer with head colds and sinusitis...
therefore, you will always see me wearing a hat... 
yes even in summer...

AND yes I do wear a variety of hats... and
of course over the years I have crochet and knit many hats,
in many styles, with a huge variety of yarns... but my BEST and WARMEST hat and most COMFORTABLE 
has been my FAVOURITE hat with lining...  
the SUSAN* hat...

I first made this hat for a holiday to Tasmania... 
way back in May 2005...




it has travelled with me to very cold places... 

like the top of Europe... Switzerland... 

in October 2007...

and I am still wearing it... yep the same old hat...

little did I expect this hat to end up being my all time favourite...
it was made with a lovely New Zealand yarn with a fabulous fleck running through it...
and at the last minute, I decided to line it for extra warmth...
and the rest is history... it is the best ever winter hat...


This hat is "simply perfect" for those really cold days... and windy days with a "wind chill factor"...
and just absolutely fabulous for heads sensitive to the cold...
not only is it a warm and comfortable hat... the extra lining of the hat gives it a better shape.

I made my hat all those years ago with Naturally Tussock 85% Pure NZ Wool and 15% Polyester Effect Yarn....

which now is difficult to find unless you live in New Zealand...
however there are many alternative yarns to this...
and my FAVOURITE recent YARN find....
Irish Donegal Tweed Aran....

and for the lining I use 100% cotton yarn.



AND the best NEWS of all......... you can now purchase these delightfully warm crochet hats from a local boutique...  right here
in Whitstable....
A = location of MOSAIC, 30 Harbour Street, WHITSTABLE
a very delightful little shop 
full of superior quality jewellery, clothing, crafts and gifts...
the shop is MOSAIC....
you can find it in Harbour Street, Whitstable....
So do visit the shop "Mosaic" and browse through the wonderful array of products...   carefully chosen for their quality, style, design, and fairness....  the perfect place for special, unusual, stylish, eco-friendly jewellery, clothing, crafts and gifts.


Enjoy your shopping,
Ciao, Ciao
* Crochet Hat SUSAN: named after my friend Susan who kindly introduced me to Shernaz from Mosaic, and made it all happen.