Monday 5 March 2012

CROCHET HEART SAGA

crochet patterns, how to crochet, hearts, square hearts, hearts afghan, granny square hearts,

I have always had great admiration for granny square crocheters, their patience and their perseverance.  Many years ago when I looked at granny squares and attempted same, I was totally over the whole experience when it came to changing colour each round, the whole exercise of cut the yarn and hide end, and now attach next colour, totally wore out my patience

If you know me at all, you will know I am NOT fond of sewing, and you will know this is reflected in my crochet, small projects, with limited sewing, PREFER working in the round, and I will always opt for changing colour without having to cut the yarn.

I will go out of my way to limit the number of times I have to cut the yarn and reattach a new yarn, WAY TOO MANY ENDS TO SEW AND HIDE!!!

SO, with this in mind you may appreciate my latest attempt at designing a GRANNY square, not exactly your traditional "granny square"  but my version of how I would do it.

crochet patterns, how to crochet, hearts, square hearts, hearts afghan, granny square hearts,


It took me some time to take my idea, of placing my perfect heart into a granny square, and finally bring it into crochet reality, so without any more banter here are some pattern details for you.


PATTERN DETAILS:

Description: Pattern features my Perfect Heart held "captive" in a square. The Crochet Heart "GRANNY SQUARE" can be crochet in three (3) sizes.

Each square grows in size with extra rounds and extra stitches. Make the square in one colour or change colour every round or every other round, choice is always yours.

Make as many as you like for a colourful granny square hearts throw using any size square. Join the squares and make a scarf, headband, wristband, handbag, placemat or wherever your inspiration takes you.

Skill Level: EASY

Yarn:   Bendigo Cotton 8ply OR DMC Natura 4ply OR DMC Petra 5 OR any other yarn 

Hook:  BENDIGO/NATURA yarn use 3.5mm; PETRA 5 use 2mm. 

Stitches:  single, half double, double and Bobble 
Gauge/Tension:  Not crucial - use hook half to one size smaller than recommended on yarn label 
Measurements:  varies depending on yarn and hook used 
Terminology:  USA - American crochet terms 


crochet patterns, how to crochet, hearts, granny square hearts, hearts afghan,


You can find the Crochet Heart CAPTIVE Pattern in my online stores

  ETSY            RAVELRY          CRAFTSY

so you can shop in your favourite shopping destination. 


Enjoy, ciao... ciao...

----------------------------------------------------
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:

crochet patterns, how to crochet, hearts, motifs, garlands, buntings,


crochet patterns, how to crochet, hearts, hexagon hearts, hearts afghans,


free crochet patterns, how to crochet, hearts, motifs, bunting, garlands,