Tuesday, 24 August 2010

Rowan Yarn - Scarf, Hat, Mittens

It's just amazing how fast a week can pass.... 


and how little crocheting I have done...

obviously other things on my plate... like um...

totally over this dreaded URTI which has been hanging around for way too long now.... coming on 5 weeks... aargh! 

OK enough .... let's be positive and focus on happiness... 

I am so happy with the outcome of my new project with this keyhole scarf and the honeycombe lattice beanie hat...


decided on a contrast colour...  thought I would try something different.. like the grey or the berry... 
but in the end my favourite ... purple.... 

Here' the finished product.... olive keyhole scarf , basket weave pattern and purple trim... all my own design...


Keyhole Scarf - basket weave by Barbara Summers

and the honeycombe lattice beanie hat... took ages to work out the sizing... I only had written down the honeycombe lattice bit... and trying to decipher ancient scribbles.... let's not go there.... 
anyway, now I have a honeycombe lattice pattern which I can use anywhere... woo hoo!  

Honeycombe Lattice Beanie Hat


I kept the hat simple... 
beanie style but not tight fitting... 
and a simple one row of single crochet in purple to finish... so it matches the scarf...

AND NOW ....   

I have just spent the last four (4) days .... wow that sounds like a lot of time... 

Fingerless Mittens - contrast band

but it has been four days since I decided to also make some fingerless mittens to match the keyhole scarf and honeycombe lattice beanie hat... 

NO.... I am not crocheting for the full day... only a few hours in the afternoon or evening given the inclination...

so designing my own fingerless mittens... this is not the first time... 

however I was keen to trial a totally different design and style from my first crochet fingerless mittens pattern made in aran...  (which is now for sale on my website - a bit of self-promotion here) ....

and so it took me a while to figure out how to get the pattern right and how I wanted them to fit... 

Crochet Fingerless Mittens by Barbara Summers
yes this means trial and error... I love trial and error... 

I just crochet and rip... crochet and rip... until I get it right ... 


Crochet Fingerless Mittens
or until I am satisfied with the result...  

Crochet Fingerless Mitten - Honeycombe Lattice Pattern

so happy, happy, happy....    late yesterday afternoon finished the first mitten... 

yes very happy with the result... now going to make the second one and write down the pattern... 

god only knows when I will get time to get this pattern ready for release... 

Crochet Fingerless Mitten by Barbara Summers


anyway on with the creative crochet... that's where my passion is... or is it addiction?  

once I start I have to make myself stop to get on with other things in the day... doh!


oh and JUST FOR A BIT OF FUN... I have just tried using Picasa to compile a video with these photos... and uploaded it to my Youtube account .... so I could embed it here... enjoy!