Tuesday, 20 December 2011

A Man Cowl

It's been a long time coming....

I have been knitting this LONG cowl for my darling man...

yes very effective pattern... simple purl and knit stitches, placed in pattern sequence to create the stunning look.... however very taxing on my brain... 18 pattern rows repeated continuously... and each row different... no wonder it took me a while to finish...  not a pattern I could remember easily.  DOH!

So, my man loves it... he can wrap it around his neck twice... oh, yes I joined the finishing edge with the starting edge, NOT MOBIUS STYLE, just a simple cowl... ONE BIG LOOP...

I made the cowl with a gorgeous yarn from ROWAN....called Cocoon....  a blend of merino wool 80% AND kid mohair 20%.... sooo soft....


How many balls of yarn:  I used 3 x 100g balls (with a bit left over)...
Yarn colour:  Tundra 808
Measurements:  approx. 8in wide and total of 56in long.
Needles:  6mm

I really love it... however don't think I could bring myself to make it again very soon... my brain needs a good rest... although I may make one next winter for myself!  Maybe....

So if you really like it go find the pattern on Ravelry... it is FREE... and be prepared for a brain workout ...   You can find the pattern here....   on Ravelry.... 

Wishing you ALL a very Merry Christmas.... Ciao, Ciao!


DMCA.com