Tuesday 28 September 2010

Wedges Texture Crochet !

crochet patterns, how to crochet, hats, textured crochet, beanies,



LATEST CROCHET PATTERN


Here is one of my latest crochet projects, the WEDGES Hat, it has kept me busy working out the design.

crochet patterns, how to crochet, hats, textured crochet, beanies,

I wanted to create something totally different with a representation of where I live, something representing the sails on the boats down on the sea. I think I have found the perfect crochet stitch for it, don't you think?



crochet patterns, how to crochet, hats, textured crochet, beanies,


YARN DETAILS


I found this 100% pure wool yarn in the local charity shop, in my favourite colour dark olive green. I then proceeded with crocheting this hat and then decided to include another wool yarn in blue, which I incorporated into the wedge pattern.

TRIAL CROCHET HAT

This is the first trial of the wedges texture crochet, and the more I look at it the more I think this would look really good in a neutral colour, cream or grey, or some other soft pastel colours. 

Actually, I am so convinced about the neutral colour, I think making the hat all one colour and allowing the textured stitch to display it's natural beauty would be perfectly stunning. I will definitely be giving it a try.

Then again you could also take this textured crochet stitch and use three (3) or maybe four (4) colours.  All worth contemplating and having a bit of fun with.

crochet patterns, how to crochet, hats, textured crochet, beanies,
I just love the breeziness of this hat, perfect for those autumn days where you can wear a hat which allows your head to breathe a bit.

Future Crochet Patterns

Keep your eyes on future blogs when I introduce this pattern for sale in my online stores.

Enjoy!
Ciao, ciao!

Copyright © 2008
Barbara Summers Hand Knit and Crochet.
All rights reserved.


YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: