Tuesday, 17 August 2010

My Rowan Project

Current project to hand.... using Rowan by Amy Butler yarn...

 in my favourite colour.... green....





I am making myself a keyhole scarf ...

well at this stage the plan is to make myself something...

I may change my mind and give it away
OR put it up for sale?







Yes this scarf is similar to my last project with Rowan by Amy Butler....
this time I have crocheted the scarf in double crochet...
1 fpdc and then 1 (normal) dc...

to create a kind of basket weave effect...
makes the scarf feel thicker... and more flexible...

still deciding on the trim... dark purple or a grey or?

So many decisions.... sometimes I just have to put it aside and let the answers come to me...




AND A HAT...  yes I need another one... a girl cannot have too many hats !  right !

 well I want something which is loose fitting this time...

and I found this old honeycomb lattice pattern I had written down years ago...
not sure where the pattern comes from?

maybe someone out there knows?
then I could give credit to the pattern designer....

the hat pattern uses fpdc, dc, and treble stitches

which creates a wonderful... I think... honeycomb lattice pattern...

when I crochet a bit more then we will see...
nothing like trying to decipher old pattern scribblings from way back when???

AND in between my Rowan creation ...

I am also finishing my own design double-layered beanie.. made for warmth and comfort...

this one is for my nephew-in-law....

outer layer (warmth layer) is crocheted with 6mm hook and "Tweedie" Chunky by Sirdar
it's a very nice 40% wool, 15% alpaca, 45% acrylic blend... I do prefer to work in natural fibres.. but thought I would give it a go... especially since the tweedie fleck is eyecatching and the texture has a homespun look...




and the inside layer (comfort layer) is crocheted with 3.5mm hook and Patons Cotton 4ply 









did the final fitting last Sunday...  23 inch head circumference...

so yes it is now finished... finished last night before dinner time... woo hoo!



AND I am still deciding whether to continue finishing these other hats ...

which I started between other creative projects....???







OR JUST REDUCE THEM BACK TO A BALL OF YARN?

DECISIONS, DECISIONS, DECISIONS !!!